We’ve had a few updates to the Kuma platform that powers MDN lately, and now there have been enough interesting changes that I thought I’d share them with you!
- A bug causing translated articles to sometimes get “en” injected into their slug has been fixed. This caused a number of pages to wind up in the wrong places. Pages that had already been affected have mostly been fixed. There’s an explanation of what localization teams might have to fix here.
- We’ve fixed a bug that was preventing live samples and embedded SVG images from working correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the editor toolbar to not be fully visible on-screen when you put the editor into full-screen mode.
- When adding an attachment to a page, the “description” and “comment” fields are now optional.
- A link to the wiki dashboards has been added to the root docs landing page.
- The MDN home page has been cleaned up to be significantly less messy. We’ve removed a lot of promo blocks that we were never all that happy with, so the page is significantly easier to use. There’s a more substantial redesign under way, but it’ll be a while before that lands.
- A bug causing layout problems when you zoomed in on the home page has been fixed.
- CORS has been configured to allow sites to pull content from MDN using the Kuma API.
- For security reasons, file attachments are now served from the same alternate domain as live samples.
- Demo Derby uploads whose Zip files’ names have non-ASCII characters in them are now accepted.
- The text of the “Revert” link in the page history view has been updated to clarify what it does. This feature is still incorrectly only available to users with special privileges; we have an open bug to correct this.
There’s a lot of good stuff in here! These aren’t the only changes, but they’re the ones that humans will actually possibly notice. There’ve been a lot of behind-the-scenes patches to continue toward implementing future features. I continue to love this platform and what a great job the team is doing.