This week, my WebRTC research continued; I spent a lot of time watching videos of presentations, pausing every few seconds to take notes, and rewinding often to be sure I got things right. It was interesting but very, very time-consuming!
I got a lot accomplished this week, although not any actual code on samples like I’d planned to. However, the pages on which the smaller samples will go are starting to come together, between bits of actual content on MDN and my extensive notes and outline. So that’s good.
I’m looking forward to this three-day Labor Day holiday here in the States. I’ll be back at it on Tuesday!
What I did this week?
- Copy-edited the Validator glossary entry.
- Copy-edited and cleaned up the Learning area page Write a simple page in HTML.
- Created an initial stub documentation project plan page for updating the HTML element interface reference docs.
- Turned https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Project:About into a redirect to the right place.
- Read a great deal about WebRTC.
- Watched many videos about WebRTC, pausing a lot to take copious notes.
- Built an outline of all the topics I want to be sure to cover. I’m sure this will continue to grow for a while yet.
- Gathered notes and built agendas for the MDN community meeting and the Web APIs documentation meeting.
- Updated the WebRTC doc plan with new information based on my initial notes.
- Offered more input on a bug recommending that we try to add code to prevent people from using the style attribute or any undefined classes.
- Filed bug 1060395 asking for a way to find the pages describing the individual methods and properties of an interface in the Web API reference
- Fixed bug 1058814 about hard-to-read buttons by correcting the styles used by a macro.
- Dealt with expense reports.
- Started very initial work on WebRTC doc tree construction, preparing to reshuffle and clean up the existing, somewhat old, pages, and to add lots of new stuff.
- Started work on trying to figure out how to make the
SubpageMenuByCategoriesmacro not lose headers; it’s calling through to
MakeColumnsForDL, which specifically only works for a straight-up
<dl>. Fixing this to work correctly will be my first task on Tuesday.
Meetings attended this week
- MDN bug triage meeting
- #mdndev planning meeting
- Developer Relations weekly meeting.
- 1:1 with Teoli. This went on for an hour instead of the usual 30 minutes, due to the enormous amount of Big Stuff we discussed.
- MDN community meeting
- #mdn review meeting
- MDN bug swat
- Web APIs documentation meeting.
A pretty good week all in all!