Here’s a list of the bugs in Bugzilla related to the things I found while playing with Thunderbird for the last few days. Some of these are existing bugs and others are bugs I filed myself.
I’m still using it, and am debating sticking with it despite the handful of frustrating issues, although I still suspect the lack of address book integration will finally send me back to Mail.
- Double-clicking with the clicks in different places opens the wrong item.
- Would like to be able to toggle the read status without first bringing the message list window to the foreground
- Should be able to attach files by dragging to the content area of the message
- Printing messages prints with a grey background
- Add option to disable “connection timeout” alerts
- Remove message pane dragger when the pane is hidden
- Add option to quote selected text only when replying to messages
- Can’t undo delete message on IMAP
- Add a way to see all unread mail in all folders/accounts in one pane
- Label on the Mark button should indicate the default action that will occur when clicking the button
- Use bullets instead of asterisks to block out password characters
- Custom sound window says to pick a WAV file even though AIFF works
- Add a way to create accounts without using the new account wizard
- Add support for third-party spam filter applications
- Add a .Mac account type along with IMAP and POP on Macs
- Use keychain for passwords
- Add support for Mac OS X address book
I’m not filing the basic issues with the UI being noncompliant with some UI guidelines, or about widgets being non-native, since that’s all well known and is hopefully going to be addressed in the relatively near future.