We successfully relaunched the Mozilla Developer Center on MindTouch Deki tonight, as I’ve blogged previously. There are a few outstanding issues, though, so I thought I’d throw together a list of the ones that I know of off the top of my head.
- The link at the bottom of each page that’s supposed to offer information about copyrights and licenses just sends you to the main page. This is a high priority item that should be fixed tomorrow (Wednesday, August 20th).
- We haven’t installed the localized skins yet. I’m going to try to get the ones we have installed in the next few days, hopefully by the middle of next week.
- There are some broken redirects from bookmarks and links to pages on the old site. These should all be redirecting correctly but a few are not. We hope to fix that in the next day or two at most.
- There are some templates that will still need fixing. I have fixed the ones I know of, but I’m certain there are more. Please feel free to fix these if you spot them!
- The presentations and sample code that were on the old server haven’t been migrated yet to the new one. This will be addressed shortly. This one is all about me completely forgetting about them. Files such as these will actually eventually be migrated into attachments in the new wiki.
- There are some folks who would like to be able to choose to use a version of the site that uses a sidebar instead of the drop-down menus we have right now. I’ll investigate this, but it’s going to be a longer-term project. Don’t expect to see a lot of movement on this for a while.
- “About MDC” takes you to a really basic page with information about MindTouch Deki. I plan to change that to take you to the MDC project page instead, hopefully soon.
I’m sure we’ll find other things that need to be attended to, but this is a good starting list. I’m also working on formulating a list of priorities for things we’d like MindTouch to investigate doing for their next major release after the imminent release of their Kilen Woods update.
We actually already have a number of the Kilen Woods improvements, since some of them were items we requested specifically.
I’ll blog again soon with details on the requests I’ll be making of MindTouch for their next release. Hopefully, if we’re really nice to those guys, we’ll get even more of the awesome stuff we want and need!