I’ve been getting a bunch of updates related to bugs I’ve filed in Mindtouch’s database regarding the Deki software, so I thought I’d share some info on what I’m seeing going on.
- The bug I filed about requiring users to type spaces where they used underscores in their username while using the “forgot password” feature has been targeted to be fixed in the impending Lyons release.
- The bug I filed about losing your work if your login cookie goes away while you’re editing has also been targeted to be fixed in Lyons.
- The fact that there’s no link back to the article from its talk page is on the list to be fixed in Lyons as well.
- Likewise, the title of the Special:Tags pages are due to be made less ambiguous.
- A scripting command to fetch the name of the page that’s including a template is hopefully going to be added in Lyons. This will make several of our templates work better.
- Ability to make the main page semi-private without affecting permissions for new pages is also on the list.
- The ability to use HTTPS for authentication, then use HTTP for everything else is also on the Lyons list.
This is pretty good; none of these items are on my “most critical” list, but they’re all on the second tier “sure would make life better” list. It’s very exciting to see movement on these!