This week, work continues apace on Firefox 4 documentation, as well as some cleanup of how we do things on devmo. It was a good, productive week!
- Wrote the new IFSummary template, and its child templates VersionTimeline and xverblob. Those have been blogged about separately.
- Wrote documentation for the Web Console. This will need revising as there are some improvements coming in Firefox 4 beta 7 or beta 8.
- Wrote about the new
- Wrote up notes about the removal of child HWNDs.
- Talked to Jay and others about MDN design stuff.
- Continuing to iterate on bugs related to the update of MDC to MindTouch 10.
- Added a list of categories to the documentation for
nsIScriptError; this includes information about which categories result in output into the Web Console. There are currently no details on what the categories mean. I may be adding that soon, depending on whether or not I get the energy to pore over the code and figure it out for the 10 people who actually care, worldwide. :)
I’m quite pleased by the progress of the Firefox 4 documentation now. There’s still lots to write about, but we’re doing a good job with the big stuff. There are a couple of big things left to write up. WebSockets and restartless extensions, in particular, but generally we’re in really good shape.