This week involved, as always, a lot of Firefox 4 documentation, as well as ongoing MDC maintenance stuff.
One important note: we’re aware that the search on MDC is broken again. We have decided against fixing it for now, since it will just break again. The new MDC skin we hope to launch tomorrow will bypass the built-in wiki search and use Google instead (which has some problems too, but will be better than nothing).
When we upgrade to MindTouch v10 — which is in progress — we hope to switch back to the built-in search; that release has a much-overhauled search infrastructure that MindTouch assures us will not have the stability problems we’re currently experiencing. I don’t yet know when that upgrade will be completed though.
- Updated Places documentation; many methods now have some of their parameters optional. In addition, found and fixed a few errors, and added documentation for several methods that previously had none.
- Updated documentation about
- The root page of the XPCOM Interface Reference now contains a dynamically generated list of its subpages, instead of being empty.
- Documented asynchronous redirect handling.
- Added more details to Updating extensions for Firefox 4.
- Documented the DOM
- Documented the new toolbar customization events.
- Also did some testing and feedback on the new MDC skin, which we hope to launch on Tuesday.
A pretty good week!