If you’re a deep MDN user, and have familiarity with our current scripted template system, we could use your help. We have 20 days until launch, and we have a lot of our templates that still need to be updated to work on the new Kuma wiki.
If you’d like to help, here’s what you need to do:
- Let me know, so I can grant you template editing permissions.
- Read the guide to updating templates for Kuma.
- Take a look at the list of templates that haven’t been reviewed yet. Some may work already, but most probably need some revisions.
- If it already works, simply edit the template and turn off the “Template review” checkbox at the bottom, add the tag “ks-fixed”, then save the article. This will remove it from the to-do list.
- If it doesn’t work, please try to fix it. If you need help doing so, feel free to ask in the #mdndev channel in IRC. It’s where all the MDN developers hang out, and they can totally help.
- Once it works, turn off the “Template review” checkbox at the bottom and add the “ks-fixed” tag to the article. This will remove it from the to-do list.
This is a great way for you to help us reach our goal of launching MDN on Kuma by July 15th. If you encounter any bugs while you work with it, please do feel free to file bugs!
Also, remember you’re working on what will be the live MDN site — don’t go around doing silly hacks, because this is what people are going to see for real!