We pushed an MDN update on Friday, and it has some improvements you’ll appreciate!
- CKEditor is no longer loaded for every page, even when you’re not editing. This speeds page load times significantly!
- Page moving is inching closer to finished. We had it done, but found another bug; this one minor. We hope to nail it down today or tomorrow.
- Column widths have been tweaked a bit, along with minimum sizes. This should improve overall readability of content on MDN. We’re still tweaking these, so expect future changes. But let us know what you think!
In addition, we’ve just pushed a new build of Kuma to MDN’s servers, and I’m here to share some of the more interesting bits with you, as usual!
- Search results pages now tell you how many matches were found.
- The drop-down menus in the header area now have a border and drop shadow as intended.
- Fixes to the display layout for RTL languages. There’s more left to do here, but we’re making progress.
- Accessibility improvements, including support for skipping links using VoiceOver and making the search box more accessible.
- The “See also” text in quicklinks is now more obviously a heading.
- Global notification messages from the site administrators now display correctly in the redesigned look and feel.
- The login text at the top of the page has been made slightly larger to be easier to see.
- Some internal tweaks have been done to improve testing functionality.
Number object. Note how you can browse the entire object in the sidebar. Awesome!
This is an exciting time!