I can’t believe another week has already gone by. This is that time of the year where time starts to scream along toward the holidays at a frantic pace.
What I did this week
- I’ve continued working heavily on the server-side sample component system
- Implemented the startup script support, so that each sample component can start background services and the like as needed.
- Planned and started implementation work on support for allocating ports each sample needs.
- Designed tear-down process.
- Created a new “download-desc” class for use on the Firefox landing page on MDN. This page offers download links for all Firefox channels, and this class is used to correct a visual glitch. The class has not as yet been placed into production on the main server though. See this bug to track landing of this class.
- Updated the MDN administrators’ guide to include information on the new process for deploying changes to site CSS now that the old
CustomCSSmacro has been terminated on production.
- Cleaned up Signing Mozilla apps for Mac OS X.
- Created Using the Mozilla build VM, based heavily on Tim Taubert’s blog post and linked to it from appropriate landing pages.
- Copy-edited and revised the Web Bluetooth API page.
- Deleted a crufty page from the Window API.
- Meetings about API documentation updates and more.
That’s a short-looking list but a lot of time went into many of the things on that list; between coding and research for the server-side component service and experiments with the excellent build VM (I did in fact download it and use it almost immediately to build a working Nightly), I had a lot to do!
My work continues to be fun and exciting, not to mention outright fascinating. I’m looking forward to more, next week.